Err_Connection_Reset or Error 101 is the error which may occur when the site you are trying to visit is not able to build connection with the destination site. Some sites may work while others may show this error. In that case, try the steps given below. The reason behind this error could be either making changes in registry,TCP/IP or other network settings. Most often these changes are done by third party software’s like pc optimization tools, antivirus software’s, etc.There are few reasons which could be responsible for the problem you are facing in connecting to your internet. Follow every technique given below until you find the solution for your problem. Most often you can find this error in google chrome, go through the steps given below to resolve your issue.
Err_Connection_Reset : Reasons
The error err_connection reset may occur due to change in network settings done by some third party programs like antivirus softwares. There could be one more reason, that may lead to this error that is firewall may change the network settings without your knowledge.
Methods to Solve Err_Connection_Reset
This error usually occurs due to change in network settings by third party programs like antivirus softwares, this change can happen without your knowledge. These are some possible ways to resolve the error (err_connection_reset).
Set up MTU Err_Connection_Reset
Sometimes, third party programs may change the network settings, that results in err_connection_reset. Here are the steps you need to follow to get rid of this problem.
Go to control panel, you can also go to network settings by using RUN command.
- Open RUN command using Ctrl+R, and open ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- You can see network and internet option in control panel than in that click on view network status and task.
- After it get opened, click on change adapter settings.
- Now, you can see many network connections, find your active internet connection.
- Open command prompt using run command and replace the wifi name by your active internet connection and click enter.
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “wifi name” mtu=1472 store=persistent
- Now, restart your system.
- If the issue is not resolved yet, don’t get panic. You may try alternative methods given below.
Err_Connection_Reset : Checking Third Party Programs
If the issue is not resolved by the method given below than you can follow this method, Firstly check your antivirus settings, and turn off the firewall option. Also check whether any other third party software is installed in your computer. If yes, than delete the program.If still your error is not resolved than contact your internet service provider for help.