DNS lookup failed error is the error which occur in chrome, if your internet is not working or your DNS server is not responding. This problem usually arises when you are using a broadband connection. This article will help you to resolve DNS lookup failed error in some simple steps. Here we provide you the detailed solution to fix this error.
DNS LOOKUP ERROR: METHODS TO RESOLVE
AS told earlier this error occurs in google chrome browser, there are many methods to resolve this error. You can try them to fix the DNS lookup error in your desktop/ laptop. Follow the steps given below.
METHOD:1 – CHANGE THE DNS SERVER ADDRESS
This method is very simple and verified method to resolve the DNS lookup failed error. Carefully follow the steps given below.
Open the Network and Sharing center.
- You can do this in different ways, either by going on to control panel or on the system tray in the right side of the task bar or going on to the networking option.
- Now, after clicking on Network and Sharing center option, you may see change adapter settings option. Click on that,
- Now, right click on the active internet connection and select properties option.
- Than Dialog box appears, scroll down and select Internet Protocol Version4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
- Now, you may see the Internet Protocol Version 4 dialog box, now check on the use the following DNS server addresses button and enter the following address there,
Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11 and DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- Now select validate settings upon exit and click on OK.
May the error is rectified, if not try the methods given below.
METHOD:2 – FLUSH THE DNS
If the error is still not rectified, you can try the following solution. Using this method you can delete all the DNS cache saved on your computer. This may be the reason for this error. You can fix this error by following the simple steps given below.
Open RUN using Ctrl+R.
- Now, type cmd and click on OK.
- Cmd will get opened, now write the following command:
- Now, press enter. It will delete all the information from your chrome browser.
METHOD: 3- CLEARING CACHE IN CHROME BROWSER
If the error is not rectified by the above steps, You can follow the steps given below.
Click on the customize and control google chrome option, present in the top right position of the chrome.
- Now, click on settings.
- Than click on the advanced settings option.
- Now, click on the clear browsing data and select the options you want. Than click on clear browsing data.
Now restart your computer to apply the changes and enjoy surfing with google chrome.
Above Steps Can Also Be Applied To Rectify The Following Errors:
Hope this article was helpful. In case of any query feel free to comment us.