Err_connection_timed_out is a very simple error we may face while surfing over web. This error may occur due to very common reasons, But it become annoying when we have an active internet connection and still face this error. Don’t worry friends, here we will discuss all the possible reasons, why this error occur and also solutions to get rid of this error. Follow all the steps given in this article carefully, it will really help you.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT: Methods To Resolve The Error
Before going through the solutions you may check whether the error err_connection_timed_out is not occurring due to the simple reasons given below. The list given below are the simple reasons which may affect your internet connectivity.
- Firstly, we have to check whether all the connections are done properly also mostly it happens that internet cable is not connected to its port.
- Check whether wifi authentication is done properly or if it is a phone connection make sure the lines are working properly.
- Check whether you are connected to your wifi or active network available. Sometimes this may cause err_connection_timed_out error.
- Try to restart your computer and internet connection.
Method 1 – Fix LAN Settings : If you have gone through the above list and everything is proper than try these Methods,
Go to start and open control panel, than click on Network and Internet option.
- Now, go to troubleshoot problems and than click on internet Options.
- Click on internet options, internet properties will get opened, now go to the connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- In LAN settings un check the Automatically detect settings and use a proxy server for your LAN and click on OK.
Now restart your computer, hope the error is resolved. If not, than follow the steps given below.
Method 2 – Changing Windows Host File : If you are getting err_connection_timed_out error in any particular website than follow the steps given below.
- Open notepad in your pc.
- Now, right click on notepad and select Run As Administrator option.
- Notepad will get opened.
- Now, goto File and click on Open.
go to windows and open C drive, now click on Windows– system32–drivers–etc
- Open the file hosts and scroll down, there you can find the last visited website.
- Select that website and delete it.
- Now save the changes either by going on to File and clicking on Save or press Ctrl+s.
Hope your error is resolved and you are able to open the website which was previously facing error.
Method 3 – Windows Firewall : If error is still not resolved than you can go on with the steps given below,
Goto control panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Now, Windows Firewall will get open and you can check the websites that are blocked for the security reasons.
- You can manage those websites as per your choice.
Method 4 – Check Antivirus Settings : Try this Method to get rid of the error err_connection_timed_out. Sometimes antivirus may be the reason of this error. Usually antivirus software block the Google Chrome Browser for security reasons and it may not get connected to the internet. You can simply go to settings and disable or exclude the Google Chrome Browser from there. By doing this err_connection_timed_out may be resolved.
Method 5 – DNS Flush : This is the alternative Method to resolve the error err_connection_timed_out. Using this you can delete all the information stored in your chrome Google Chrome Browser, which may help you to get rid of this error. Follow the steps given below
Open Run using Ctrl+R.
- Type cmd in Run and click OK.
- Now, type the following commands in command prompt:
- This will delete all the data stored in your chrome Google Chrome Browser.
Hope the error is resolved. If not, than try the Method given below.
Method 6 – Clear Browsing Data :Clearing Google Chrome Browser data is one of the easiest alternative to resolve the error. Here are the steps,
- Open settings of your Chrome and click on clear history or use Ctrl+Shift+N.
- Now, select the required options and click on clear browsing data.
- Now, restart your Google Chrome Browser and check the internet connection.
We hope the error err_connection_timed_out is resolved. In case of any query feel free to comment us. We will be more than happy to help you.