net::err_cert_date_invalid or your connection is not private is a warning message appears on the google chrome browser due to SSL error. It may occur while accessing some of the websites. As stealing private data by attackers has become common these days, so in order to protect your confidential data from attackers, some of the websites use SSL, so that the private information you enter on their websites can be kept private and protected from any unauthorized access. If your browser shows net::err_cert_date_invalid warning that means your data is not secure or safe.
This error usually occurs if the certificate of the website which we are browsing are not trusted, So in that case your browser can not relay on the website and allows user to decide whether to continue access that website or not. The main reason to display this warning by your chrome browser is, to protect your private and confidential data from any unauthorized access. The main reason for this error can be, If the third party,
Err Cert Data Invalid: Types Of Interface
Based on chrome versions, there are two types of interface in which this warning occurs. The warning can be resolved easily, all you need to do is follow the steps given in this article. The two types of interface are,
- First interface is in older version of chrome and the option displayed is Proceed anyway.
- Second type of interface is in latest versions of chrome and that is Advanced.
Methods To Fix Net Err Cert Data Invalid
Method 1: Proceed Simply
- In older version, click on the proceed anyway option. After clicking on that option, The Connection is not trusted option is displayed, if you don’t want to continue than click on the option Get me out of here. But if you want to continue to that website than click on the Add Exception option. Now that certificate will be added to your chrome browser and this warning will not occur again.
- In latest version, click on the Advanced option. Now, click on the option Proceed to Site and you will be redirected to that site.
Method 2: By Preventing Warning
If you want to prevent the warning net::err_cert_data_invalid, than carefully follow the steps given below.
In chrome, enter chrome://flags and then press the enter button
- Now, select the option, Remember decisions to proceed through SSL errors for a specified length of time.
- Select the time period, That is Remember for three months, which is the maximum time period available.
Method 3: Check Your Antivirus Software
In some cases antivirus is the main reason for the warning net::err_cert_date_invalid. Go to your antivirus setting and turn off the SSL scan or HTTPS protection. After doing these changes in your antivirus settings, you will not get the error net err cert data invalid any more. In case the error is not resolved, than follow the methods given below.
Method 4: Time and Date Check
Sometimes error may be because of outdated time and date. Update the date and time and check. If the error is not resolved yet, than follow the method given below.
Method 5: Ignore The SSL Certificate
This is the permanent solution to ignore the warning net::err_cert_date_invalid. Now, click on the google chrome icon and click on the properties, and add the following statement: -ignore-certificate-error in target box. As shown below.
Method 6: Cleaning Browser
To clean the history, cookies and cache from the browser, follow the steps given below. Sometimes similar files and unwanted extensions can create problem. To get rid of the error net::err_cert_date_invalid, follow the below steps carefully,
Click on Customize and control google chrome option
- Now, click on the Settings option.
- After scrolling down, click on the Advanced Settings option.
- Now, click on the Clear Browsing data. After that check the required options and click on clear browsing data.
- Now, restart the system.
Hope net::err_cert_date_invalid option is resolved. In case of any query, feel free to comment us.