Err_Name_Resolution_Failed is the error which happens while surfing over web, that is you may not be able to access some websites. It may show that the web page may be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address or Error 137 (net::Err_Name_Resolution_Failed): Unknown error on your Google Chrome browser. In this article we will tell you different reasons, that may be responsible for this error and ways to resolve it. Detailed description of the same is given below. Please go through the article carefully and follow the steps given below.
Why ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED (or) Error 137 Occurs in Google Chrome
There may be many reasons behind this error. One of them may be the interference of any anti virus software installed on your computer. Some of the reasons are given below.
- The error can arise due to interference from any type of malware or virus, trying to change its functions. This can be rectified by using any antivirus and scanning your computer for any hidden malware or virus present in it.
- Any software may communicate with Internet and can cause problem.
Methods To Resolve the error ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
Method 1 – Win Socket Reset :The problem may be resolved by using the command netsh winsocket reset, this command is used to reset the settings of the TCP/IP stack. This is the best way to resolve the error err_name_resolution_failed. If still the error is not resolved, you can try the alternative methods explained in this article.
Press Win+R together, RUN dialog box will appear.
- Now, type cmd and click OK
- Command prompt will get opened, now write netsh winsocket reset and press enter.
- It will reset your pc.
If the error is still not resolved, follow the method given below.
Method 2 – Reboot the Router : This is the very basic method to resolve this error. You may reboot the modem or router. All you need to do is
unplug the device from power for 20 sec and plug it again
This may help you to get rid of this error.
Method 3 – Change Antivirus Settings : Try this method to get rid of the error err name resolution failed. Sometimes antivirus may be the reason of this error. Usually antivirus software block the Google Chrome browser for security reasons and it may not get connected to the internet.
You can simply go to settings and disable or exclude the Google Chrome browser from Anti-virus setting.
By doing this Err name Resolution failed may be resolved.
Method 4 – Reinstall Your Google Chrome browser : This method is used when your Google Chrome browser do not work properly due to any malware or virus, best way to get rid of this problem is uninstall your Google Chrome browser and than reinstall it so that properties may be set to default, and Google Chrome browser can work properly. Follow the simple steps given below,
- Press Win+ R together and write appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Now, search for your Google Chrome browser and uninstall it.
- Than you can download the Google Chrome browser from its official website and install it normally.
Hope the error is resolved, if not than go through the other methods given below.
Method 5 – Change DNS : You can try this method to resolve the error ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED, all you need to do is try adding some alternate DNS and save the changes. Follow the steps given below,
From start menu go to control panel and click on Network and Internet.
- Now go to Network and Sharing Centre and click on Change Adapter Settings. You may see all the active networks.
- Right click on the internet connection you are using and click on Properties.
- Now scroll down and select the option Internet Protocol Version 4, and click on Properties.
- Now select the option Use the following DNS servers addresses and write 188.8.131.52 in the upper box and 184.108.40.206 in the lower one.
Hope the error Chrome Error 137 / ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED is resolved. In case of any query feel free to comment us.